This guide will help you on how to configure restart messages with Server Messages plugin.
- Stop your server
- Install Server Messages(*) from Mod Manager under tools section
- Go to Configuration Files and edit messages.cfg file with Configuration Editor or Text Editor option
- Change your messages and adjust the times regarding your restart schedule task and the rules below
- Start your server
When adding restart messages you need to care about this guidelines:
- Every new message starts on a new line.
- Schedule Restart Tasks are on 12h format and Restart Messages on 24h format.
- Messages show on server time, not on your local time, always look at server time when you create the Schedule Restart Task.
- You can use 'no-loop' for not repeating the message, or 'loop-2' to repeat the message every 2 hours for example.
- Separate time, message and loop type by tilde (~) character, this means you may not use the tilde character in your messages.
- You can't have white spaces at the end of the messages or empty white lines, messages will not show.
- Use the example below if you need to reset your messages.
(*) Some games already have Server Messages installed by default, you can skip this step.
14:00:00~This message will not repeat, will show at 2PM~no-loop
18:30:00~This message will repeat every 2 hours, will show at 6:30PM~loop-2
20:45:00~This message will repeat every 3 hours, will show at 8:45PM~loop-3
22:50:00~This message will repeat every 4 hours, will show at 10:50PM~loop-4
If you have any questions or you need our help don't hesitate to contact our support system.